"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Saturday, November 13, 2010

Baby Brain...Does it ever go away?


Many women suffer from "baby brain" during pregnancy, an extreme case of forgetfulness that makes you feel like you are absolutely losing your mind! While I was pregnant I found this to be true and remember several moms assure me that it only gets worse! Haha! Were they ever right?!?

My adorable husband was thoughtful enough to find a sitter last night so he could take me out to dinner! We were so excited to get out for a date night! I was already rushing around the house trying to get myself dressed as well as Hutton ready for bed. I gave April, a coworker of Craig's that came to watch Hutton, all the instructions for the little man and just as we were about to head out the door, I realized I couldn't find my wallet. We spent 30 minutes tearing the house to pieces. Right before I was about to just give up, Craig found it in the middle console of my car!!

So then today, we went out to run some errands and buy a few Christmas presents for our nephews at Toys R Us. As we approached the checkout, I realized my debit card was missing from my wallet!!!! I realized I left it in the check holder at PF Changs after we used it to pay for dinner the night before!!! I mean seriously! Craig was completely baffled at this point because of my seemingly irresponsibility! Sure enough, I called PF Changs and it was there, thank God!

I say all that affirm that I am a strong believer in "baby brain!" I am so focused on making sure I have the diaper bag, bottle, diapers, baby, etc that I forget the extremely things that I'm supposed to have for myself. So seriously, does it ever go away??


No comments:

Post a Comment