"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Saturday, November 27, 2010

Amarillo by Morning


We had the honor of spending the Thanksgiving holiday with Craig's beautiful family in Amarillo, Texas! It was a long drive, but worth every minute of it! We thought we were going to drive through the night Tuesday and let Hutton sleep the whole way, but our plan didn't go as we had anticipated. We are discovering that Hutton doesn't really like to sleep in the car so by midnight we decided it wasn't worth it to wear him out and we stopped in Oklahoma City. You would think with as much as our sweet baby boy travels that he would be a great traveler by now but that is simply not the case!

We arrived in Amarillo on Wednesday around 2:oopm. This was the first time little Hutton got to meet his two cousins from Houston, Wade (3yrs) and Carson (3mos). Seeing those three sweet boys interact was the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Wade was so sweet to the babies and Hutton just laughed at him and tried to pull his hair! It was so much fun!! That afternoon, we had hired a photographer in Amarillo to take some family pictures for us. (www.heatherladdphotography.com) Can't wait for you to see them!


The week was full of yummy turkey, baby time, and playing the Wii! There were baby boys running, rolling, and laying around everywhere! I'll tell you one thing...The Howards need to produce some baby girls!! I don't know what to do with all this testosterone...Something I'm totally not used to coming from a family of 3 sisters! Hutton did receive his first haircut while we were there as well...by Grandma and myself! He was starting to have this Dwight Schrute thing going on in the front with these two long pieces so we snipped them a little bit! Now he looks like Lloyd Christmas from Dumb and Dumber...But way cuter I might add! Hahaha!!

I will tell one funny story real quick. Today we drove from Amarillo to Ft. Smith, AR and are currently bunked up in a hotel. After having lunch in Oklahoma City, I took Hutton out to the car to change his diaper. (He had been sitting in this one for awhile!) I laid him down in the back seat of my tiny Toyota Corolla and started cleaning him up. As I removed the dirty diaper and reached to grab the clean on, I heard a little toot...There was absolutely no time to get the diaper underneath!! Hutton left a nice little present in the backseat of my car the one time I didn't lay a changing pad down!!

Craig was inside paying for lunch, I had poop in my seat and no where to lay my sweet baby boy. So, with zero other options, I sat Hutton in the floor of my car on top of a bag of potato chips!! (I swear there was no room anywhere else! We head the car packed in tight!!) As I cleaned up poop, he laid there half naked trying to open the potato chips! As Craig approached the car, I told him what happened and instead of him taking Hutton or helping clean, he quickly backed away from the car once he saw the mess lil man had left! He said he was going to be sick!! HAHA! Oh, the things we mommies have to handle on our own!

Hope you had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Get ready...it's Christmas time!!











2 comments:

  1. Craig couldn't handle a little poop on the car seat?? OH my!!

    Time for a new car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we would have known you guys were in Amarillo. We would have loved to meet your litte man!! Next time! Looks like you had fun, and that was a very funny story!!!

    ReplyDelete