"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fever with No Apparent Cause

Hutton had a low grade temp all last week. Initially I wasn't concerned because he is also cutting one of his top teeth and I attributed it to that. On Friday he started pulling at his ears, so I immediately thought, "Oh no! Another ear infection." We took him first thing Saturday morning to the doctor. Much to my surprise, his ears were perfect, but his throat was really red! Dr. said he had a viral throat infection and he just needed tylenol, rest, and a few days to get back to his normal self.

We stayed in the majority of the weekend and Grandma, Craig's mom, arrived last night to stay for the week. This morning Hutton woke up in his normal fashion, although I noticed he was abnormally warm. I took his temperature and it was nearly 102. Immediately, I took him to the doctor because he has never had a temperature that high. Again, ears still looked great and throat looked better. The performed a Flu test but it came back negative. Dr. said his body is fighting of some kind of infection and just needs rest.

I have to admit it's a little frustrating to not have a definite answer and also to have paid two $35 copays. I'm glad that he doesn't have the flu or an ear infection, but just wish there was something we could pin point. After several doses of tylenol, his fever still hasn't gone down. I'm going to watch him over the next couple of days and then reevaluate. Any comments or encouragement is welcomed. Poor little guy looks so sad! We are leaving for Kentucky on Friday so pray that he is better by then!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! I fell upon your blog via Gabby Abby. I just loved following her because I am also a first grade teacher like Abby, but here in Shelby County.So I saw that you did a Kellys Kids show in the Memphis area. Yesterday....and I was soooo bummed because I missed it. boo. So do you live in Memphis? I live in Arlington and just had our first baby boy and I am taking a year off on maternity leave to be at home with him. Loving every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry Hutton has been sick. I hope he feels better soon. He is adorable and getting sooo big!

    ReplyDelete