"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Friday, March 11, 2011

9 Month Update


Yes, it's hard to believe that Hutton is already 9 months young!!! I have to admit that this has been the fastest 9 months of my life but definitely the most blessed! At this point, still no crawling! He will get in the position and look like he's going to just take off and then just falls on his belly and starts rolling! However, he does try to pull himself to stand on everything and our pediatrician says that's a more accurate milestone crawling. Who knows?!? He'll probably be one to just skip crawling all together.

Hutton loves to jump! Not just in a jumper, but anytime I'm sitting and holding him, he loves to just bounce on me. When I leave him childcare during Bible study or at the gym, all the ladies tell me that he's a bouncer and that couldn't be more true. A friend of ours is letting us borrow their doorway jumper, as of yesterday, so we'll see how he likes that!

You know that travel and visitors are always part of our calendar. Two weeks ago we got to spend the weekend in Nashville because Aunt B was in a wedding there. It was great spending time with her, but it was an exhausting weekend for Craig and I. We stayed in a hotel in Brentwood where apparently the entire Marshall University baseball team was staying and yes, they were on our floor, right across the hall. Umm...Not a good fit, let me just say that. As the loud, drunken heavy hitters and their groupies were running up and down the hallways screaming, I spent the night trying to console my screaming, sleepless child. He was sleeping so good until the commotion started! Words can't describe the frustration I felt in that moment. The next morning, after another incident, we opted to switch rooms. Needless to say, they lost their game that day, which I didn't feel bad about. I was just extremely disappointed in how disrespectful these guys were and surprised by the fact that they were allowed to go clubbing the night before a game. Guess that officially makes me an old grumpy parent. Haha!

Last weekend I surprised Craig by inviting all of his best friends and their wives to come to Memphis. He was floored when they all showed up to surprise him at his office! January was kind of a discouraging month for Craig and I wanted to do something to perk him up and I knew just the guys to do it! It was so refreshing to spend time with close friends that encourage us more than words can say! Thanks guys for making the drive! It was a blast!

Tomorrow we are riding in the St. Patrick's Day parade here in Memphis on a float! Craig joined something called a "Krewe" here in Memphis and we are in the Ptolemy chapter so we will be riding a float to represent them. Should be fun! I'll let you know! Other than that, things are quiet in the Memphis front for the next couple of weeks! Here are some pictures of our growing boy!











2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! All the pics of Hutton are precious! I especially love the face in bowl pic! We miss you mucho! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see y'all in just two weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete