"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Saturday, January 1, 2011

A White Christmas in the Mountains



I LOVE CHRISTMAS! It is by far my favorite holiday. There is nothing like getting together with family to enjoy good food and fellowship! I love the lights, the trees, the decorations, the wrapped gifts...all of it! Christmas just makes me happy and brings out a new joy inside of me! Don't you love that feeling? However, it's amazing how we spend all this time planning and preparing for the holiday and then, in the blink of an eye, it's over.

This year we were fortunate enough to spend Christmas with my family in the beautiful mountains of Eastern Kentucky. We were blessed with the whitest of Christmases which made the holiday atmosphere even more special! It snowed for a couple of days and left Pikeville looking breathtaking. So we stayed cozy inside my parents home in our Christmas pajamas playing Wii, an awesome, addictive card game called Nertz, eating ourselves full, and watching classic Christmas movies! Now add Hutton, the sweetest baby boy ever, to that mix of fun, and you have the BEST CHRISTMAS EVER! Having a baby in the house gave us reminders of some of the simple joys of Christmas! He is the biggest blessing of all time and has forever changed our lives!

Here are a few pics from our time in Kentucky!




























1 comment:

  1. You are a sweetheart Sarah. I too am a KY gal, but been up here (NY)for sooo long. I miss home but no family there anymore. Bless you and yours Dianne

    ReplyDelete