"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hutton Vs Nap...Nap Wins this Time!!

Ever since Hutton started crawling and standing, nap times have become an intense battle!! He's SOOOOO tired, but the moment we head to his room and turn off the lights, the battle begins. He stiffens up and throws an absolute fit. When I put him in his crib, he pulls himself up and stands there just screaming!! I have no problem letting him cry it out because I used to do all the time and he finally learned how to put himself to sleep. However, the last few days, I gave in after about 10 minutes because the screaming is SOOOO loud AND he has an adnoid virus so I was a little bit more sympathetic.

However, today he woke up and was his normal self. He played all morning and roamed the house like a champ. He took a brief 30 minute nap around 11. Trust me, you cant get ANYTHING done in 30 minutes. So around 2:30 he starts to rub those eyes and get really grumpy. I prepared his bottle and got ready to put him down for his 3:00 nap. He drank his bottle and I put him down like I always do but he WAS NOT having it! He screamed and cried and fought as hard as he could. I let that go on for about 15 minutes and then my nerves couldn't take anymore. I went back and tried to rock him and he looked at me and just laughed. Oh brother! He knows how to play mama good now! So I put him back in his crib and walked out. After another 20 minutes or so of screaming, things got quiet. I went to my bedroom and checked the video monitor. He was still sitting up but extremely still. I got closer to the monitor to find that HE HAD FALLEN ASLEEP SITTING STRAIGHT UP with his head propped on the bumper!!!! I could not believe it! It was absolutely hysterical! Poor little guy fought hard, but lost the battle! I was able to capture some pictures! Love his little heart!



1 comment:

  1. Haha Sarah that is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing those pictures!!

    ReplyDelete