"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Bad Ears, Raw Bootie, and More Teeth!!



I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I spent the second week of February in Kentucky with my family and then last week Craig's mom came to visit! It's been so NICE to be around family the last few weeks. I want Hutton to have as much time as possible with them and I'm thankful for the times we've shared the last few weeks!

Hutton is on ear infection #4!! He had two within 2 weeks!! Our pediatrician says that we are doing everything right that we can to prevent them, but for some babies there's just nothing you can do. They can be genetic and since Craig and I had terrible ears we are assuming that's the case with Hutton. We are going to give it through March and then possibly consider tubes. This time around they put Hutton on Augmentin which has caused the WORST diaper rash I've ever seen. His bottom is so RAW that he cries just to have a diaper change. It's sooo bad. I called the pediatrician yesterday and they told me to whip up my own concoction of things for a cream. It's kind of working but not completely. So if you ever have this happen with your baby, give it a try. It's definitely decreased the inflammation. Combine equal amounts of the following: A&D ointment OR Desitin + Lotrimin + Hydrocortisone.

On top of that, we believe he is cutting his two upper front teeth. That led to a sleepless week last week!! However, Grandma came to the rescue! Craig and I had the treat of getting a hotel room Friday night, kind of a late Valentine's celebration, while Grandma babysat! We had dinner and slept from 10pm to 10am!! It was AMAZING!! Thanks Grandma!! You were so helpful and we cannot thank you enough for all that you did to help us last week! We love you soooo much!!

So needless to say it's been an interesting month! We are heading to Nashville to spend the weekend with Aunt B this weekend while she's in town for a wedding! Can't wait for that! Here are some of my new favorite pics! Enjoy!









2 comments:

  1. He is getting so big and somehow even more handsome every day. Sorry to hear about the ears and the bottom. No. Fun. My three year old niece (Harper) just had tubes put in yesterday and her mommy said she can already hear better, but I am praying for no more ear infections and no need for tubes:). Love u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pumpkin! He's getting so big, Sarah!!!!

    ReplyDelete