"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A Summer Whirlwind

From birthday parties, to travel, to visitors, our summer has been nothing short of a whirlwind thus far. It all started with a trip to visit Aunt B in DC. It was the first time I had ever flown with Hutton by myself and boy was I nervous! He did surprisingly well. We had a great visit with Becca and Hutton was a hit at all the Congressional offices on Capitol Hill! One story I must note happened on our flight from Memphis to DC. We had an older lady sitting behind us that was probably in her 70's, maybe 80's. He and I were watching a movie on my computer, all cuddled up. All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder from this older lady. She whispered, "I just wanted you to know that he is holding my hand!" Hutton had reached his tiny fingers between the seats and was holding this sweet old lady's hand while he was watching his movie!! So cute!! We celebrated Hutton's 2nd birthday over Memorial Day weekend! I cannot believe my baby is already 2! They have definitely been the fastest two years of my life but he just keeps getting more fun and sweeter over time! We had his Sesame Street themed birthday party at a local park by our house! Several of his little buddies were able to make it along with our families. It was such a fun day!
Craig and I enjoyed two getaways, thanks to his mother! We got to go to Athens, GA to celebrate my sweet friend Lindsey Goff's wedding! Then last week we were blessed enough to spend a few days at the beach, just the two of us! It was great to have undistracted quality time and be able to focus on each other! I think that is so important in marriage! Other than that, we have just been spending time with friends and enjoying some down time at home! Hutton swimming with his buddies, Pete and Hobson.
Hutton at Five Guys with his friends and neighbors, Charlie and Garland.
Hutton and his sweet Addison:
Hutton is very affectionate and such a lover! There is nothing sweeter than our cuddle time! He recently learned "Jesus Loves Me" at school and now we sing this every night before bedtime and I can't help but cry every time because of how sweet it sounds. I feel so blessed to be sharing this time with him by staying home. Excited to see what the rest of the summer holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment