"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Along came a spider...



Halloween has never been one of my favorite holidays, if that's what you'd call it. In fact it's my least favorite. The only thing I enjoyed about it this year was the fact that I got to dress my handsome little man up in the cutest spider costume ever! (No, I'm not talking about Craig here!) I've come up with two lists. One includes the things I like about Halloween, the other includes the things that make it my least favorite!

Likes:
3. Candy Corn
2. Halloween candy of all kinds!
1. Dressing Hutton up as a spider!!

(Notice two of those reasons include sugar to satisfy my sweet tooth!)

Dislikes:
4. Scary movies. Can't stand them! Haven't watched one since high school!
3. Scary people. (All the crazies come out on Halloween!)
2. Trampy costumes. (I went to find a Halloween costume for a party we were attending, and all I could find for girls included the bare minimum in material!! I have no desire to be a sexy nurse, thank you.)
1. Dressing myself in costume!!

On Friday, my mommy group was having a family Halloween party. I was told that everyone was dressing up. I HATE dressing up! Usually I'm the one either not dressed up or in the LEAST creative costume there. So this year was another year I dreaded the ridiculous tradition. I went to Target and got Craig and I a couple of stupid wigs and decided I would at least dress up so I wasn't a complete party pooper. It was a Frankenstein's wife wig that ended up looking nothing like the picture. I put on some makeup and hopped in the car with my 80's rocker husband and my baby spider. After whining the whole way there about my "stupid" costume, we started walking towards one of our friends and heard him say, "Oh no!" Which I proceed to say, "OH NO!!" NONE of the adults had dressed up!!!! I was livid and insisted Craig take me home to change! I might have been a baby about it, but again, that's why I hate Halloween and I will never dress up again! Not only did we waste money, but we were "that" couple!!






No comments:

Post a Comment