"For the Lord God is a sun and shield; He bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold
from those whose walk is blameless."
Psalm 84:11


Monday, February 8, 2010

Memphis...A Winter Wonderland?



Who would have thought Memphis could get such weather?? After a night of wrestling with the covers and trying to get comfortable, I was extremely irritated to hear my phone buzzing in the early morn. Who could be trying to contact me so early? Craig arose and started getting ready for work and I frustratedly reached for my phone. I had received two text messages from my fellow coworkers asking if the meeting I had scheduled for this morning was canceled due to the weather. Weather? What weather?



So quickly I reached to pull back the curtain and was blinded by the bright white light caused by the fluffy blanket of snow!! Could it really be?? I missed the snow day the week and a half before because of my bridal duties in Nashville! I was now given the opportunity to enjoy the snow in full! Although Craig had to head to the office, because it's literally 2 minutes away, I was thrilled at the idea of staying in my pajamas!




A much needed day of rest! From traveling every weekend, to hosting showers, to preparing for our major upcoming women's conference, the Lord heard my cry and knew my NEED of rest! He really does hear our needs and desires to answer our prayers! I praise you Lord, the Creator of beautiful snow!




No comments:

Post a Comment